Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the use of our website, www.silvercrossbaby.com, and in using this website either by browsing pages or making an online purchase you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as laid out below.
“website” refers to www.silvercrossbaby.com
“We”, “our”, “us” refers to Silver Cross UK Ltd (Company Registration No: 4611579), our registered address being Silver Cross (UK) Ltd, Micklethorn, Broughton, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3JA
“Product” means a product displayed on our website either for sale or for information purposes
We do our best to ensure that the information on the website is accurate and helpful at all times.
However, we cannot ultimately warrant the accuracy of any information and cannot be held liable for any use or reliance you may make of or put on it except as specifically agreed with us in any further agreement we may make with you in writing.
We do our best to ensure that the website operates properly at all times, but we make no warranties as to the availability or accessibility of the website, and (save as otherwise set out in these notices and disclaimers) we will not be liable for any damages, loss, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any lack of availability or accessibility of the website.
Any link (be it a hypertext link or other referral device) used on the website is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that have links with the website or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that provide these linked websites and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
All Intellectual Property Rights and goodwill in or relating to the contents of the website belong to either ourselves or to our suppliers. In particular, the trade marks displayed are registered and nothing contained in these conditions or the website should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, personal bar, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of the trade marks without our permission. However, copying and printing of those web pages which contain the trade marks is permitted within the scope of the licence contained below.
You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the website solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may also recopy downloaded extracts to others for their personal, non commercial use.
You may not reproduce part or all of the contents of the website in any form unless it is for personal, non commercial use.
You may not copy or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work any of the content of the website in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
You may not frame or link to the website or any part of it without our express permission.
Some services are only available after you complete the website registration process. By registering to use these extra website services you agree:-
- That the information you provide to us during the registration process is accurate and complete and relates only to yourself and does not in any way involve you impersonating any other person or providing a false identity or name/address that you are not authorized to use.
- That you will inform us immediately if any of these details change by contacting us directly using one of the channels of communication detailed in our Contact Silver Cross website section
- That you will take necessary measures to ensure that your username and password are kept confidential and known only by yourself and that you are responsible for all activity that occurs on the website under those account details. You also agree that you will take necessary precautions to ensure that any computer you use to access the website has adequate protection against third-party malicious activity such as viruses, spyware, key-logging, phishing.
- That you are at least 18 years of age and a valid UK resident.
Online Purchases and Contract Formation
When you complete an online order for a product purchase we will initially send you an email that confirms the order details you have sent to us. This email does not constitute the formation of a contract but is our acknowledgement of your offer of purchase of product(s) the details and prices of which are detailed in our order acknowledgement email. Upon dispatch of the products you have ordered from us from our warehouse we will send a dispatch email that constitutes acceptance of your order and the completion of a contract between you and us for the purchase of the product(s) at the price and specification detailed in this email. If we do not accept your order then we will contact you be email or telephone before any products are dispatched and therefore any contract is formed.Contract Cancellation
You are entitled to cancel your order or contract with us provided that you do so within 14 days of placing the initial order with us. If no goods have been dispatched then we will provide a full refund within 7 working days including any shipping charges you have paid for. If a contract has been formed and your products have been dispatched then the process will be followed as laid out in our Returns Policy.
The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement shall be governed by English Law, and you and we agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts for the determination of disputes.
Silver Cross (UK) Ltd
Company Registration No: 4611579
Registered Office: Micklethorn, Broughton, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3JA
Christmas Facebook Competition
By entering a competition on the Silver Cross Facebook page you are agreeing to Silver Cross storing and using your information for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third parties unless you specifically agree to us sharing these details and you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing from emails or emailing us directly.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
Entrants are providing information to Silver Cross and not to Facebook.
The first prize will be £100.00 of credit to use at www.silvercrossbaby.com. Five runners up will receive copies of "Silver Cross - The Story of a Great British Brand" book, signed by Silver Cross Chairman Alan Halsall.
By adding photos to the Facebook competition you are granting permission for these images to be used by Silver Cross online at www.silvercrossbaby.com and other online communications.
By submitting your photo you understand and agree that Silver Cross has no obligation to publish your photo. You must be the author/copyright holder of all images submitted.
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter the competition you must be:
a. UK resident; and
b. 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Silver Cross.
- Entries must be posted on Facebook.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be the entrant selected by judge.
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Silver Cross reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by personal message on Facebook. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within two weeks, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
- The prize cannot be transferable to another person.
- No prize or part of a prize is exchangeable for cash, or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Silver Cross reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. We may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.